Technology Policies/Guest Users
We’re starting a new series on Monday called “Policy Monday” to help share common technology policies. This week we’ll start with Adding Guest Accounts to the Network.
The following is a general guideline for creating guest user accounts on Active Directory based Windows network.
- Create a new Guest Organizational Unit
- Create the guest account:
- If it is a role account (several temps performing the same job) then create a “role based” username
- If it is restricted to a single user for a short period of time, then create a “real name” based username
- Set the account expiry to something reasonable
- Set the change password on next logon and assist the user with their first logon to the desktop.